Oh boy do I love Christmas, everything about it! I start listening to the holiday music right after Halloween, the tree goes up at Thanksgiving and then its time to spread some cheer. Ever since having kids though, I have really not cared all that much about getting gifts myself. I love to get them awesome gifts and watch their little faces light up when they open them on Christmas morning! Really, is there anything better…..that’s my Christmas gift right there! But, this year I have been wanting to spruce up the old kitchen with some really fun stuff! So, here is my Christmas gift wish list this year….
1) All-Clad Stainless 3-Quart Saucier Pan: It’s it beautiful? Nothing comes in handier in the kitchen than a good solid stainless steel pan! Don’t get me wrong, I love my cast iron! But I really think you need both to have a complete kitchen!
2) Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker: We make a lot of ice-cream in our house because it is a great way to get pastured egg yolks and raw dairy/kefir into my kids. You can really come up with some healthy recipes (just check out my recipe page for a few good ones)! However, the ice-cream maker that I bought at a garage sale 10 years ago is on it’s last leg. It’s so loud that I have to put it in the garage when we make any treats, and the neighbors are starting to get annoyed. Oh Santa, please bring me this….please, please! I’ve been so good this year!
3) Microplane Premium Zester/Grater: I seriously cannot believe that I still don’t have one of these! I mean, I have been watching Martha for years and she uses one in practically every recipe she does! This thing is amazing, it works as a (no-mess) zester and it grates the most beautiful parmesan cheese shreds you’ve ever seen! Hey, Santa…this will even fit in my Christmas stocking!
4) Soda Stream Black Revolution Soda Maker Starter Kit: Now I do not want this handy little tool to make sugary soda, no thank you! I want it to make the most fabulous bubbly water that you have ever tried! Squeeze in a little lemon, stevia, or your favorite flavoring and you have one throughly refreshing beverage. Plus it would look great on the bar in my husbands new (still un-finished) “man room”!
5) Norpro Stainless-Steel Citrus Juice Press: I have two different citrus juicers and, to be honest, I dread using them because they always make a huge mess! Now, another Martha reference, I have seen them on cooking shows a million times and I always marvel at how much juice they get out! Perfect for my hot lemon water in the morning. I think my mom just might have gotten this one for me already….we shall see….
Which of these items do you have? Any good reviews or tips? Would you add anything to my list? It’s not too late to tell Santa. I would love to hear about it in the comments below!