Grain-free and sugar-free, this amazing, high-fiber and low carb carrot cake will be a well-deserved treat you can enjoy pretty much guilt-free.
- 12.5 oz grated or blitzed peeled carrots
- 3 oz granulated Erythritol
- 5.3 oz almond flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 oz desiccated coconut
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4.4 oz unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- 12 oz full-fat cream (soft) cheese
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 0.7 oz Swerve® confectioners sweetener
- 0.7 oz chopped walnuts, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 355°F.
2. Combine the blitzed carrots, granulated Erythritol, almond flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and desiccated coconut in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla essence and melted butter.
4. Tip the wet mixture into the dry mix and combine well.
5. Transfer to a lined, greased cake tin (8-inches in diameter and 1.5-inches deep) and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool and remove from the baking tin.
6. While the cake is cooling, whisk together the cream cheese, lemon juice, and sweetener. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to stiffen up a little again.
7. Spread the cream cheese on the top of the cooled cake and garnish with chopped walnuts (or chopped pecans).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 435 Total Fat: 40g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 165mg Sodium: 320mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 11g