I admit it, I am a dipper. I love sauces and dressings to dip things into. I used to LOVE blue cheese dressing and french fries when I was in high-school. Unfortunately, many dressings are filled with seed oils and MSG. I do not include that junk in my diet and I especially don’t want my kids eating it.
So, I decided to try making my own blue cheese dressing using raw milk dairy and baconnaise to give it a unique flavor, and a much healthier nutritional profile! If you do not have access to raw dairy, then use the best quality dairy you can find, preferably full-fat, grass-fed, and organic.
- 8 ounces raw milk blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup raw sour cream -- where to find raw milk
- 1/2 cup raw milk kefir
- 4 Tbsp homemade baconnaise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
1. In a medium bowl, mash together the blue cheese and sour cream until you have a chunky paste. Don't mash too much if you like your dressing to have big pieces of blue cheese in it. I like mine chunky.
2. Using a whisk, stir in the kefir, baconnaise, and lemon juice.
3. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
4. Store in the fridge for up to one week (if there is any left to store!). Enjoy!