Growing up my Mom had a good friend who knew how to make homemade eggs benedict. Every time she was over I would BEG her to make it. Mostly I just liked the hollandaise sauce, I could seriously drink the stuff. A rich and buttery sauce that goes good on just about everything, in my opinion.
When I became pregnant with my third child, I craved the stuff! The best part? It’s a great food for pregnant women to consume because if you make it with the right kind of eggs and butter it will be full of healthy brain-building fats and vitamins — perfect for a developing baby. Yeah, I ate a LOT of it during my pregnancy — and I continue to do so while breastfeeding. Fat is good, eat up! Enjoy this Homemade Hollandaise Sauce on everything!
- 3 pastured egg yolks
- Pinch of pepper (I use a small pinch of cayenne)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (I use closer to 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup salted grass-fed butter
1. Prepare immediately before serving, it only takes a few minutes to make and you want to serve it up fresh.
2. Place eggs yolks, pepper, and lemon juice in your high-powered blender.
3. Heat butter over a medium-high burner until its hot and foamy.
4. Put cover on blender and blend yolks until beaten, only a few seconds.
5. Then, with the blender on med-high speed, slowly pour in the hot butter -- very slowly so it emulsifies.
6. Watch out for splatter out the top of the blender, it is very hot!
7. Continue until butter is all gone, your mixture should be thick and creamy.
8. Serve immediately, I love it over poached eggs and dusted with paprika.
Watch the video below for more info