- 5 cups organic cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups organic sugar snap peas, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots shredded, I like to shred them in my food processor
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for cooking chicken
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp [easyazon_link identifier="B019QR8MQQ" locale="US" tag="amazonrf0a-20"]Coconut Aminos Sauce Organic[/easyazon_link], plus more for cooking chicken
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all of the chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- Combine EVOO, tamari, ACV, aminos, ginger paste, honey, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Allow to sit and marinate.
- In a medium skillet, cook the shredded chicken with some olive oil and aminos to add moisture and flavor. EVOO is not a high heat oil, so keep the heat just high enough to warm the chicken. Add a little garlic if you like. I sometimes do.
- To serve: plate up some of the veggies, top with chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This Chinese Chicken Salad lasts in the fridge for 2 days. I like to store the chicken and the veggies in separate containers and then warm the chicken again later. It lasts longer that way.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Chinese Chicken Salad” on Google+