While I was making up a batch of coconut snowflakes, I ran out of molds to use. So I decided to just use my standard round mold and when I was finished my daughter thought they looked like snowballs! With the addition of a little shredded coconut they are realistic-looking coconut snowballs, easy to make, and good for you. My kids sure excited to eat coconut snowballs too!
What you need:
- round candy molds — where to find
- coconut butter — where to find
- shredded coconut — where to find
- coconut oil
- If you want to really make these tasty, add some peppermint essential oil — we use these oils in our kitchen
- Melt your coconut butter in the jar by placing it in a bowl of hot water (it naturally separates with the oil settling on the top and the solids on the bottom)
- Once melted stir it together until it is evenly mixed and creamy
- Pour into candy molds
- Place in fridge or freezer until set
- Pop out of molds, brush with coconut oil and sprinkle (or dip into) coconut flakes
- Arrange on a cute plate and sprinkle more coconut flakes on top
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)