Ever since switching to a more Paleo traditional way of eating, we have been eating many more creative egg dishes. I try to make healthy variations of our old favorites. I love frittatas, and I also love pizza. Why couldn’t the two marry and become a frittata meatza?! Throw in some squash for added nutrition, fiber and bulk and we have a WINNER! These are also fun to make with kids because everyone gets to choose their own toppings.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper (we use this salt)
- pizza sauce
- raw cheese
- pepperoni (nitrate free)
- Bake spaghetti squash
- In a skillet, brown meat until its fully cooked
- In a large bowl combine squash, meat, eggs and spices
- Mix well
- Pour into greased muffin tins or heart silicon muffin cups (I prefer silicon because they are much easier to clean!)
- Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Slice in half
- Top with pizza sauce, toppings and cheese
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 425* for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to brown
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
If you enjoyed this post, please +1 and share below.
This post is part of: Real Food WednesdaysPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.