I have seen a lot of Paleo recipes for cauliflower crust pizzas but I thought they looked too time consuming and I could not imagine how they could be crispy. Then curiosity got the best of me and I tried my hand at some of the recipes. Let me tell you, they are not hard to do and they actually crisp up just like a thin crust pizza!!! Of course I had to come up with my own variation and I also found it much easier to keep everyone happy by making them personal pan pizzas. My kids love decorating their own pizzas before baking them!
- 2 heads organic cauliflower
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 cups shredded raw parmesan (they sell this at Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (where to buy)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt (where to buy)
- Chop cauliflower heads into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Spread it evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 425 until it becomes fragrant (about 10 minutes)
- Lay a flour sack towel inside of a large bowl and dump the cauliflower into the towel
- Let the cauliflower cool completely
- Squeeze the cauliflower inside the towel to get the liquid out
- You will be amazed at how much actually wrings out!
Here is what it looks like all squeezed out
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands
- Bake at 425* until it starts to brown on the top, then take it out and flip it
- Bake an additional 10 minutes
- Now, add your favorite toppings and sauce (get my pizza sauce recipe HERE)
- Top with cheese and bake again until the cheese is melted
Make sure everyone gets to add their own toppings!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please +1 and share below. You can also “Pin it” HERE.blog.