Every year we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. I typically make sauce and freeze it or dehydrate them into sundries tomatoes. This year we came across a bunch of fresh ripe peaches and they needed to be used up immediately! I decided to come up with a recipe that used up both my tomatoes and my peaches! Peach and tomato salsa is a deliciously sweet salsa that goes great over eggs or as a dip for homemade sweet potato chips. Yum!
This recipe is a very “individual” recipe, which means that you can add as much or as little of each ingredient to your taste. I find that everybody likes salsa a different way it seems. So feel free to play around with it a little bit. You can also make huge batches and can or freeze it!
- 8 large tomatoes
- 3 peaches
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 head garlic
- Jalapenos (optional if you like it hot, like I do)
- Sea salt (where to find)
- In a food processor, individually pulse each: onion, tomato, peach, peppers
- Pulse them to the level of “chunky” that you would like your salsa (I tend to like mine a finer chop!)
- With a sharp knife, chop up cilantro and basil
- Add everything to a large bowl and add sea salt to taste
- Mix well and serve