I love rich desserts! Especially rich chocolatey desserts. Truffles have been one of my weaknesses ever since I could say “Lindor”. After going Paleo I pretty much stopped making treats because I wasn’t all that great of a baker to begin with…..and now with a limited list of ingredients to use I decided to throw in the towel. That didn’t last long, however, because I have a little girl who wants to make cookies and treat for Christmas. Who could deny her that?! After much experimentation in the kitchen I came up with Paleo Chocolate Truffles.
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (where to find)
- 12 dates (where to find)
- 3 Tbsp honey (where to find)
- 1 tsp vanilla (where to find)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (where to find)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus 1 cup for rolling truffles in (where to find)
- Soak the dates over night in water, or (how I do it) bring them to a simmer for a few minutes in some water until they plump up
- Put all ingredients (minus the “rolling” coconut) into a food processor
- Blend until a paste forms
- Using a spatula scoop mixture out and put it into another bowl
- Cover bowl and put into fridge to chill for at least one hour
- Once mixture is chilled and firm, use a cookie-dough scoop to scoop uniform balls out (this handy little tool also helps keep the dough from sticking to the scooper!)
- Roll balls between hands to make them a perfectly round shape
- Roll them in the shredded coconut
- Place onto a cookie sheet and chill in the fridge until firm
- You can also freeze them!
This post is part of: Thank Goodness It’s MondayPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.