Kvass is a wonderfully healthy fermented beverage that I have been trying my HARDEST to like! Its so good for you, but it’s often made with beets….and beets taste like dirt! Beets are the only food that I really have to force myself to eat. So, I thought I was never going to be able to enjoy the health benefits of kvass. That is until my Mom made Raspberry Kvass! Yes! Thanks Mom. Here is how she made it….
- 1 cup raspberries
- Filtered water (enough to fill jar)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (where to find)
- 4 ginger slices
- Place the fruit, honey and ginger into a quart jar
- Add enough water to fill 1 inch from the top of the jar
- You have to leave headroom to allow the pressure to build
- There’s no need to stir, just tightly cover the jar and give it a shake 2 or 3 times a day
- Once it starts bubbling, burp the jar every once in a while to release the pressure and retighten lid
- It should start bubbling in 24 hours and will be ready to drink in 2 days or so, when there is lots of bubbling
- When it’s ready, strain out and discard the fruit
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
If you enjoyed this post, please +1 and share belowblog.