I have always loved sweet-tart foods and these little guys are a perfect balance. Not too sweet, not too tart….just right. With only two ingredients you can’t go wrong. Plus, sugared cranberries are also a great hostess gift to bring to your holiday parties. They look so cute in a decorative box.
- 2 cups coconut sugar, plus 1 cup coconut sugar for rolling
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water.
2. Heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat, allow to cool for a bit.
4. Add cranberries to the syrup and stir well.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. In the morning, drain cranberries (reserving the syrup; simple syrups go great in holiday cocktails!).
7. Place an additional cup of coconut sugar in a medium bowl.
8. Stir in cranberries and mix until well coated with sugar (it works well to use your hands for this).
9. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
10. Let stand until dry.
11. Store in a glass jar in the fridge, they last for a few weeks.