Breakfast is the meal I care about the most. Why? Because my kids almost always eat a good breakfast…lunch is iffy….and dinner is a challenge. So, I am always trying to come up with new and creative ways to make breakfast fun, delicious, and most of all healthy!
I’ve seen a million recipes out there for “mug cakes” and finally decided that I would give them a go as a healthy paleo breakfast cake. Took some experimentation (and I still haven’t mastered them without the use of a microwave!), but this recipe was a big hit! It seriously could not be any easier either.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Put all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into greased ramekins.
3. Nuke in the microwave for 2 minutes per ramekin, or 8-10 minutes for the whole batch at once*.
4. Invert on a plate and top with your favorite toppings. We love homemade whipped cream, berry sauce, maple syrup, or sliced peaches
5. You can store them for up to three days in a sealed bag in the fridge to heat up for another morning too!
*Note: we haven't used our microwave in YEARS, but I tried making this recipe in the oven and it took forever! So, just this one time we decided to give the microwave a go. Once I find a quicker method of doing it in the oven, I will be sure to update this post.
Make your own homemade whipped cream here.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!