Since there is no sugar in these low-carb chocolate chip cookies, you will get a spongier texture, rather than a crunchy cookie. But, with the delicious hidden chocolate chips running through the cookie dough, you won’t even care! I offered a link in the recipe to a variety of chocolate chips you can choose from, some of them are stevia sweetened and very low carb too!
Unsweetened chocolate chips are available but are incredibly bitter, so we compromised and used dark chocolate chips, and relied on the Stevia in the dough. Perfect for your afternoon cup of tea, which will hit the spot with just the right amount of sweetness.
- 5.5 oz almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2.1 oz Swerve® confectioners sweetener
- 1.5 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter (which should not be piping hot, else it will scramble the egg), almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and stir the mixture until it forms a wet dough.
5. Spoon little dollops of the dough onto a tray lined with parchment paper, leaving enough space between each cookie. Flatten the balls gently with the back of a metal spoon.
6. Bake for 8-10 min, rotating the tray halfway through.
7. Remove and allow your Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies to cool for 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 142 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3.6g Carbohydrates: 5.8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1.9g Protein: 3.3g