A silky, creamy chocolate French Silk Pie that will make eight people deliriously happy! The base is made from almond flour and the filling is a dark chocolate and cream mixture that has eggs and butter added for a glossy, smooth mouthfeel.
- For the base:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 TB Swerve® confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.4 oz unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 6 oz 85% dark chocolate
- 3.9 oz unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.8 oz Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- Extra dark chocolate to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Combine the almond flour and confectioner’s sweetener together in a bowl. Whisk the vanilla into the melted butter and add to the almond flour, mixing well. Press the mixture down into a medium-size, round springform tart tin (7-in / 18cm in diameter) compacting down in a firm, even layer. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and melt over very low heat in a pan on the stovetop. Do the same with the butter, melt it in a small pan over low heat. Combine the melted butter and melted chocolate well, then set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the cream.
- Whip the cream and sweetener together in a medium bowl to semi-stiff peaks. Remove half the cream and place inside another larger bowl. Place the original medium bowl of cream aside, as you will only need it much later to garnish.
- Working with the batch of cream in the larger bowl, pour in the melted chocolate and butter and whip well to combine. Then, add both eggs – one at a time – and mix in well.
- Fill the cooled pastry shell with rich, chocolatey mixture. Do not worry if it fills higher than the sides of your tart tin – the higher, the better.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, top with the leftover whipped cream (or whip further to very stiff peaks and pipe in a decorative way if you have the time) and then grate over a little dark chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:Per slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633 Total Fat: 64g Saturated Fat: 36g Trans Fat: 1.5g Cholesterol: 150mg Sodium: 30mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Protein: 7g