Hinoki Essential Oil
- Hinoki essential oil comes from the Hinoki cypress tree, Chamaecyparis obtusa, which is native to central Japan. The essential oil is distilled from the tree’s pinkish-brown wood and retains the woodsy, slightly citrusy aroma. Because of the quality of this tree, it was numbered among the “Five Sacred Trees of Kiso” which included the most valuable trees of the Kiso region.
- Hinoki essential oil benefits include its light, woodsy scent and the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene, making it a great addition to your essential oil collection. Steam distilled from sustainably harvested Japanese cypress trees, Hinoki essential oil has been used historically to refresh the soul. Today, the oil is used to increase spiritual awareness and to create a calming, relaxing environment.
Essential Oil Uses:
- Create a calming space by diffusing Hinoki essential oil while working, studying, crafting or meditating.
- Add to your bath to create a peaceful atmosphere.
- Use with massage after exercise for a soothing, relaxing experience.
- Diffuse or apply topically during yoga for a relaxing aroma that can increase spiritual awareness.
- Use in your daily skin routine to support the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
How to Use:
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6, olive oil, or coconut oil, and apply to the desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
- Hinoki (Chamaecyparis obtusa) Oil
Retail: $33.55 USD
CLICK HERE to Pin This Post
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)