I was fortunate enough to grow up with a big family garden. In the summer that meant lots and lots of zucchini. We would eat zucchini in just about everything for about a month! Zucchini muffins fresh from the oven and slathered in butter was definitely my favorite way to eat zucchini as a kid. I took our family recipe and changed out some of the ingredients to make them grain free. I hope you enjoy my new version of grain-free zucchini muffins!
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- You can add in nuts, chocolate chips, or raisins if you would like to
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shred zucchini to measure 2 cups.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar until well combined (this takes a little time with coconut sugar).
- In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Fresh ground nutmeg really makes the flavor pop!
- Add zucchini to the egg mixture and stir, then fold into the flour mixture.
- Put muffin cups onto a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Store in a covered container. They last 2-3 days. Refrigerate or freeze to last longer.
You can find silicone muffin cups here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!