There is nothing quite like a berry crisp fresh out of the oven! Warm and delicious with that amazing crumble on top! Smother it in homemade whipped cream and WOW! We ditched grains a few years ago and that pretty much eliminated every crisp recipe in the books — until now. I came up with a grain-free berry crisp that is not only delicious but is also filled with healthy fats from the coconut and almond flours!
- 5-6 cups berries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 Tbsp grass-fed butter, chilled and cut into small chunks
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the berries in an 8x8" glass baking dish and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp coconut sugar.
3. In a food processor, combine flours, 2 Tbsp coconut sugar, and salt.
4. Pulse in butter until crumbles form, adding it in piece by piece while pulsing.
5. Pulse in vanilla.
6. Sprinkle crumble mixture over berries.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is browned.
8. If you desire, top with fresh homemade whipped cream and cinnamon.
Make your own homemade whipped cream here.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!