I actually created this recipe because I thought Dutch Baby pancakes looked like something that would really impress my kids. Oh, and it did, we all watched it puff up in the oven and it made the kiddos super excited to eat it! Mama will try anything to get them to eat! We don’t eat wheat so I made my version gluten-free too. Nothing says “Hello Sunday morning” quite like a gluten-free dutch baby pancake topped with strawberries and whipped cream!
- 3 pastured eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (we use whole raw milk)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour (or you can use coconut flour*)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp grass-fed butter
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine all ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk until there are no more lumps.
4. Let batter sit for 30 minutes.
5. Melt butter in a large skillet and swirl to coat.
6. Pour batter into skillet and put it into the oven.
7. Bake until fluffy and golden on top, about 20 minutes.
8. Serve with maple syrup and butter, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
*If you are substituting coconut flour you will need to follow these guidelines: when substituting coconut flour for regular flour, use the same amount of flour but add 1 extra egg (on top of what’s called for in the recipe) for every ounce of coconut flour. On average, 1/4 cup of coconut flour is equal to 1 ounce. For this recipe, that would bring the egg amount up to 5 eggs.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!