A lovely, hearty, and warm breakfast – and its chocolatey too! One of my favorite foods when I was a kid!
This bowl of grain-free cocoa wheats is cooked on the stovetop and takes less than 10 minutes to make. I love adding a little unsalted butter at the end to make it richer. I advise you to adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking, but I felt two tablespoons was adequate for me. Add all the butter you like, I add quite a bit!
The nutritional information is based on this recipe serving 1, but it’s a very generous serving so you may be able to stretch it between two people.
- 3 TB ground (milled) chia seeds
- 1 TB ground flaxseed
- 1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TB Swerve® confectioner’s sweetener
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- A few drops chocolate extract (optional)
- Unsalted butter, to serve (optional)
- Combine the chia, flax, cocoa powder, sweetener and salt in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk along with 1 cup of water to a pan and bring to a simmer. Add the chia seed mixture and reduce the heat to low-moderate, stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes until the mixture thickens and the liquid has cooked out. Stir in the chocolate extract and serve warm.
- Dust over a little more sweetener and a dollop of butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 43g Sodium: 280mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 4g Protein: 13g