This recipe was inspired by my friend Lisa over at Thrive Style, she eats it for breakfast! Yes, it’s not only a delicious frosting recipe, but it also helps give your metabolism a kick in the rear too! Who wants frosting with their coffee? This girl!
I have a serious sweet tooth so I adjusted her recipe because sugar in the morning = sugar monster all day long! Stevia solved that problem. You can use any sweetener that you prefer though.
I also thickened it with coconut flour so I could use this recipe to frost my favorite Paleo Chocolate Cake with paleo chocolate frosting!
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil (it has to be solid to work)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Stevia to taste
- Dash vanilla (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: I love to add coffee flavor to my chocolate frosting. Every morning I drink this amazing mushroom coffee (yes, I said mushroom) and I oftentimes add it to this recipe.
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Use frosting immediately, if you put it in the fridge it will harden due to the coconut oil.
3. If you find it to be too runny to frost things with, add more coconut flour.
If you purchase from Four Sigmatic, use the coupon code “REALFOODRN” to get 10% off your order.
If you purchase from Perfect Supplements, use coupon code REALFOOD10 for 10% off your entire order!