These fat bombs are super tasty – even the kids will love them. I used a combination of ingredients you likely already have available in your pantry, and the dish itself takes five minutes to make.
The key, however, is the time required for the fat bombs to firm up again, and this will require at least an hour in the fridge. These times may vary, but a taste-test will do the trick!
This recipe makes six, but you can double it up to make more if you wish. They freeze very well too, so making a larger batch could be quite handy.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Swerve® confectioner’s sweetener
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup cashew nut butter
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 3 TB desiccated coconut
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener and salt in a bowl. In a separate little bowl, measure out the cashew nut butter and coconut oil.
- Place the butter/oil mix into the microwave on medium heat to melt completely.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bowl of flour and use a wooden spoon to mix well. Allow the dough to cool slightly before forming 6 balls from the mixture using clean hands. Set aside on a plate in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove them a few at a time and toss them gently in a wide-bottomed bowl containing the desiccated coconut.
- Return them to the fridge for at least another 20 minutes to firm up completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 5g