I love fun cocktails in the summer months, and I especially love it when you can make them from flowers and berries! This simple syrup is so amazing in both its color and its flavor. Use a dash Blueberry Lavender Simple Syrup to fancy up any cocktail or water that you are enjoying on a hot summer day!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried food-grade lavender buds, or you can use Lavender Essential Oil
1. Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
3. Add dried lavender and keep on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Pour through a fine mesh strainer, pressing the blueberries to get all of their juice. This makes the syrup a beautiful purple color.
5. Store in a glass jar in the fridge, it will last for a few months if kept refrigerated!
To make a cocktail using this syrup:
6. Dip the rim of the glass in coconut sugar.
7. Add to glass: ice, vodka, lime juice, sparkling water, and lavender simple syrup to your taste preference.
8. Garnish with blueberries or lavender sprigs.
9. Enjoy in moderation!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)