I happen to love BBQ. I also love bacon. I have been experimenting with recipes trying to find the perfect match of bacon and BBQ sauce when I decided to add in my homemade bone broth as the liquid in the recipe. Wow, did it turn out amazing…..and good for your gut!
Bone Broth is very healing for our digestive tract, read about it in a post I wrote: “The Health Benefits of Bone Broth.” So, if you love to cook up some BBQ and you love to preserve the integrity of your gut, then Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce recipe for you!
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/3 cup bone broth
- 1 (7oz) jar or can tomato paste
1. In a saucepan, heat bacon drippings on medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until soft and translucent.
3. Add mustard, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt, and continue to sauté for one minute.
4. Add lemon juice, bone broth (mine was in gelatin form because it was in the fridge), and tomato paste.
5. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
6. Bring to a light boil, reduce to simmer.
7. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
8. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mmmmm, gut-healing deliciousness!
This Delicious Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce works well for glazing meat on the grill and for use as a dipping sauce
I have gotten many emails and questions about ordering bone broth online! I finally found a resource for that and wanted to include it here: “Kettle and Fire” CLICK HERE